Customer Experience Transformation Maturity Model
Our Maturity Model...
- Typically requires the client to have C-level involvement in championing customer experience transformation.
- Includes deliverables such as a three to five-year roadmap, business case, and scenario planning to assess and recommend the best business model for you.
- Typical Benefit: Your customer experience transformation business case is fully funded, widely supported, and getting results.
- Typical Result: Your organization will understand and gain alignment on the desired business outcomes and their associated key performance indicators.
Design Thinking for Customer Experience Transformation
How do you know you're ready to leverage design thinking?
Leverage design thinking when your organization is experiencing difficulty defining the problem, gaining alignment, or trying to do something new.
Strategists, practitioners, creatives, IT leaders, marketers, and legal all come to the table viewing the problem and opportunity through the lens of their particular discipline. The diversity of thinking, while helpful in addressing solutions, can make it difficult for teams to gain consensus on the definition of the problem. One of the ways design thinking experts talk about the methodology is that it rises above the language of each of your subject matter experts to provide a common language for problem definition and the resulting pathways forward.
Our facilitators are trained to drive consensus.
They leverage design thinking best practices and practical exercises that are both fun and engaging. Participants learn to articulate the story and sell the vision because they helped write the story and establish the vision.
In developing consensus, your ambassadors are better positioned to articulate the vision. Your neutrals may become ambassadors because they've been a part of the pathway forward. But the ultimate coup de grâce is when some of your detractors become some of your greatest supporters because their opinions were heard. Rally your organization around your wicked problem. Expand ownership of the problem and solution. Claim a multi-departmental victory.
Why Virtual Design Thinking Workshops are Better than in person with Tyson Foods
Taken from Lima Consulting Group's presentation Digital Foundations to Transform Customer Experiences Through Process Optimization at Signavio World 2020
- Unlike a lot of design thinking facilitators who have a bias towards getting to a prototype, our approach will spend as much time as necessary to define and gain consensus on the problem before we start developing solutions.
- LCG will help cast a wide net while conducting stakeholder interviews and involving those key stakeholders early in the process to effectively get ideas on the table from advocates, neutrals, and even detractors.
- Many of the change agents who have hired LCG to help drive consensus have stated that the wide net of involvement drove enterprise-wide accountability. "Your" project became "our" project. And it's that sense of ownership that leads to the one team approach. Collect a win together.
- Deliverables may include stakeholder interviews, pre-workshop surveys, market research, and competitive intelligence. In preparation for the workshop(s), we will identify the dimensions of the problem, associated decision criteria, and guiding principles in order to facilitate effective, customized exercises.
- Typical benefits include gaining alignment on the digital future the organization wishes to create and the specific pain and value that the initiative will address.